Dates and Nuts Ladoos: A sugar-free, nutty, and satisfying snack (read: dessert) that can be made in just 20 minutes. These ladoos require just 6 ingredients and are serious yum. Let’s see how to make them.
I believe snacks are an integral part of our diet. They satisfy those hunger pangs and cravings that we feel at odd times. I am always on the lookout for perfect healthy snacks that also double up as a dessert. And then, enter these blissful dates and nuts ladoo. The immense health benefits of dry fruits and the high iron content of dates make these ladoos absolutely nutritious. These ladoos are power-packed and yummy small balls of heaven.
Dates and Nuts Ladoos can be made in just 20 minutes with only 6 ingredients. To make these balls, cashews, almonds, poppy seeds, and dessicated coconut are roasted in a tablespoon of ghee. Then, coarsely ground deseeded dates are added and mixed with all the roasted goodness and then shaped into bite-sized balls. And then, it’s snack time!
I am sure you will love these dense snack bites! They are:
These ladoos are perfect when you are craving for a dessert, minus all the refined sugar. They are especially beneficial in the winter season. Check out the detailed and step by step recipe with photos below.
A sugar-free, nutty, and satisfying snack/dessert that can be made in just 20 minutes. These ladoos require only dates, almonds, cashews, dessicated coconut, poppy seeds, and ghee.
- 500 gram deseeded dates (khajur)
- 20 chopped almonds (badam)
- 20 chopped cashews (kaju)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut (sukha nariyal)
- 1and 1/2 tbsp ghee
Remove the seeds from the dates in case if you are using seeded dates. I bought deseeded dates directly from the market.
Grind the deseeded dates in the mixer grinder till you get a smooth mixture. The dates should become soft and form a mass. Remove them aside in a plate.
Heat 1 and ½ tbsp ghee in a pan.
Add 20 chopped almonds and 20 chopped cashews. Roast them in the ghee for a minute. Keep the flame on a low setting to prevent burning of the dry fruits.
Add 2 tbsp poppy seeds. Roast them for a minute.
Then, add 2 tbsp dessicated coconut. Mix all the ingredients together.
Add the ground dates. Mix them well with the help of a spatula. You have to apply some force to mix it really well.
Cook the dates mixture till it forms a mass. This will take around 5 minutes.
Switch off the flame.
After the mixture cools down, take some mixture in your palms with the help of a spoon or scooper and shape them into small balls.
Serve these balls or ladoos in an airtight container. They stay well for 1 week.
Step by Step Recipe With Photos
1) In a mixer grinder, take the deseeded dates. Grind them till you get a smooth mixture. Remove the mixture aside on a plate.
2) Heat ghee in a pan or kadhai.
3) Roast the chopped almonds and cashews in the ghee for a minute on low flame.
4) Add poppy seeds. Roast them for another 1 minute.
5) Add dessicated coconut. Mix it with other ingredients.
6) Add the ground dates.
7) With the help of a spatula, mix all the ingredients together. Cook till the mixture forms a mass. This will take around 5 minutes. Then, switch off the flame.
8) After the mixture cools down, take some mixture in your palms with the help of a spoon or scooper and shape them into small balls. Serve these balls or ladoos in an airtight container. They stay well for 1 week.
If you try this recipe, surely let us know! Leave us a comment and rate the recipe. Don’t forget to tag your recipe photos with #theflavourtrip on Instagram.
You can also share and like this recipe on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest.