A chocolate truffle is a sweet, decadent treat that can be easily made with 2 ingredients. A chocolate truffle is basically a chocolate ganache centre coated with cocoa powder, nuts (toasted almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, or pistachios), chocolate shavings, sprinkles, dessicated coconut, or melted chocolate. In the traditional recipe, a truffle is coated with cocoa powder.
The actual taste of the chocolate truffle depends on the type of chocolate used to make this truffle. In this recipe, I used semisweet chocolate with 50% cocoa content, as my family prefers a sweeter version. If you prefer the bitter taste, you can use dark chocolate (more than 70% cocoa content) for making the truffles. A mixture of dark and milk chocolate can also be used.
Different flavourings can be added to the ganache mixture while preparing the truffles, such as vanilla essence, coffee, liquors, spices, or dried fruits. Because I wanted to make the traditional easy chocolate truffle recipe, I did not use any flavouring, but I used different coatings for the truffles.
I made this chocolate truffle recipe with just 2 ingredients: condensed milk and chocolate. I cooked condensed milk and chocolate on a low flame until they formed a smooth mixture. I poured this mixture in a bowl, covered it with a plastic film, and refrigerated it for approximately 1 and ½ hours. Then, I made small balls of this mixture and coated them with cocoa powder, toasted almonds, and sprinkles. These chocolate truffles taste heavenly and just melt in your mouth. This recipe is extremely easy, and I see no reason why you should not make it.
Chocolate truffles can be made for any celebration or festive occasion. You can also make them for your weekend indulgence. Follow the detailed and step-by-step easy chocolate truffle recipe given below.
Treat your taste buds to these rich, decadent Chocolate Truffles. This easy chocolate truffles recipe can be made in a breeze. They are totally delicious and just melt in your mouth.
- 200 gram Chopped chocolate (50% cocoa content)
- 200 gram Condensed milk
- 5 to 6 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 10 to 15 Finely chopped almonds
- 5 to 6 tablespoons Colourful sprinkles
Place a pan on a low flame.
Add condensed milk and chopped chocolate. With the help of a spatula, stir the mixture continuously to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Cook until the mixture combines well and you can pick it up on the spatula without it sticking to the pan. Then, switch off the flame.
Transfer this mixture to a bowl. After 5 minutes, cover the bowl with a plastic film (cling film). Then, keep this bowl in the refrigerator for 1 and ½ hours.
After 1 and ½ hours, check if the mixture has solidified. It should not be very hard. You should be able to remove it out with a scooper or spoon.
Apply some cocoa powder on your hands to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands while making the balls.
With the help of a scooper or spoon, scoop the mixture and make bite-sized balls.
Then, immediately roll the balls in cocoa powder, toasted nuts, or sprinkles so that the coating sticks to the ball. If the mixture starts to melt, refrigerate the coated chocolate truffles in the fridge for some time.
Chocolate truffles are ready to serve!
1) Keep continuously stirring the mixture while cooking. This prevents the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. 2) If the mixture has hardened too much after removing from the fridge, keep it out for some time till it softens a bit and then make the balls. 3) Dust some cocoa powder on the hands while shaping the balls. This prevents the mixture from sticking to the hands.
Step by Step Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe:
1) Take a pan and keep it on a low flame. In the pan, add condensed milk and chocolate. Because I used a chocolate bar, I chopped it into small pieces before adding into the pan. You can also use chocolate chips.
2) With the help of a spatula, continuously stir the mixture until it combines well. Cook the mixture until you can pick it up on the spatula without the mixture sticking to the pan.
3) Pour the mixture into a bowl. And leave it for 5 minutes.
4) Cover the bowl with a plastic film (cling film) and transfer the bowl into the refrigerator. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator after approximately 1 and ½ hours. Ensure that the mixture has solidified but not hardened a lot. You should be able to scoop it out. Apply some cocoa powder on your hands. Then, with the help of a scooper or spoon, make small balls of the mixture and coat them in your desired coating.
5) Tada! Decadent chocolate truffles are ready to eat. You can store these truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5 to 6 days.
Treat your taste buds with these decadent, rich chocolate truffles that are super easy to make and just melt in your mouth. You must make this easy chocolate truffles recipe.
Do let me know in the comments below if your tried this recipe and the variations you used. Share and like this recipe on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.