Hello Peeps!!! I apologize for posting on the blog after so long. I had taken a short break from blogging due to some personal reasons. But now, I am back with a bang!!! With respect to the current recipe, I had cooked the dish, clicked the photos, and drafted the recipe long back. However, I could not post it. Finally, here is the recipe for the blissful Coconut Ladoos
Coconut Ladoos are small balls of heaven that have the power to make anyone happy. The flavour of freshly grated coconut combined with sugared dried whole milk (khoya) is definitely mouth-watering. This is a fuss-free, easy dessert recipe that can be really handy.
Ladoo is the quintessential dessert of India. With so many variations of ladoos, I am sure everyone has their own personal favourite. Coconut ladoo recipe is an amazing option for all the coconut lovers out there.
The preparation of Indian sweets is extremely time-consuming. With almost everyone being super busy in this fast-paced world, we generally tend to buy desserts from shops. But, the happiness of making desserts at home cannot be matched by store-bought sweets. And I am sure most of you would agree on this point.
I feel this recipe is perfect when you want to prepare an Indian dessert but without all the hassle. These coconut ladoos requires just 6 ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Follow this step-by-step detailed recipe and make these absolutely delicious, fuss-free coconut ladoos.
This is a super easy recipe for absolutely delicious coconut ladoos. They are made with khoya and can be prepared using just 6 ingredients.
- 2 cups grated coconut (nariyal)
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup or 250 gram khoya (mawa)
- 6-7 tablespoons powdered sugar (or as required)
- 1 tablespoons cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 12-15 chopped almonds (badam, optional)
- 12-15 chopped cashews (kaju, optional)
Heat a pan or kadhai on a medium flame. Roast the grated coconut for around 5 minutes. Continuously stir the coconut while roasting. Coconut is roasted just to remove the moisture. Do not brown the coconut.
Remove the roasted coconut on a plate and keep it aside.
In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons ghee.
Roast the khoya in the ghee.
After the khoya starts to melt (loosens itself), add the roasted coconut.
Mix the coconut well with khoya.
Then, add the powdered sugar, mix it well with the coconut.
Let the sugar melt. Then, add 1 teaspoon cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits.
Mix everything together. Let the mixture cook for more 5 minutes on a low flame. Then, switch off the flame and remove the mixture on a plate.
Let it cool for some time. When you can comfortably handle the mixture in your hands, shape into medium-sized balls.
You can serve these coconut ladoos immediately or store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4–5 days.
Step by step instructions with photos
1. Heat a pan or kadhai. Roast the grated coconut for around 5 minutes. Do not brown the coconut. Remove the roasted coconut on a plate and keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons ghee.
3. Roast the khoya in the ghee.
4. In some time, the khoya will start melting. Continuously stir the khoya while roasting or else it can burn. Keep the flame low while roasting the khoya.
5. When the khoya starts melting, add the roasted coconut.
6. Mix the coconut well with khoya.
7. Then, add powdered sugar and mix it well with the coconut and khoya mixture.
8. After the sugar melts, add 1 teaspoon cardamom powder. Mix it with the ladoo mixture.
9. Then, add chopped dry fruits. Mix them with the mixture and switch off the flame.
10. Let the mixture cool. When you can comfortably handle the mixture in your hands, shape into medium-sized balls. Store these ladoos in an airtight container. They stay good for 4–5 days.
Surely try these super delicious, easy-to-make coconut ladoos at home.
Let me know in the comments below if you tried this recipe. Share and like this recipe on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.