Biscuit cake is a perfect Christmas treat! If you want to prepare a cake but without all the hassle, this is the recipe for you. It is an extremely easy, super delicious, and no-bake version of a chocolate cake.
Tis the season! December is the most happening month of the year. And I am sure even you guys would agree with me. Christmas equals to winter, celebration, spending quality time with family and friends, exchanging gifts, and filling our bellies with loads of delectable food. And what is Christmas without a hearty, delicious cake.
Today, I am sharing a step-by-step recipe for this lovely biscuit cake. This cake is totally fuss-free and can be made in a breeze, compared with the traditional baked cake. This cake does not require eggs or oven and can be enjoyed by everyone equally.
Many variations can be made for this biscuit cake. It can be made with different types of biscuits – digestive, glucose, or Marie biscuits. In this recipe, I have used digestive biscuits to give it a slightly healthy touch and to even out the sweetness of chocolate and other ingredients used. You can also use cream cheese frosting instead of the chocolate ganache, as per your preference.
I have tried different variations for this cake, but this is the one that I love the most. The crushed digestive biscuits give a crunchiness to the base, and the chocolate ganache added on the top gives it an intense chocolate flavour. Trust me, you will dig in this cake with total glee.
Now, let’s go to the recipe and step-by-step photos with instructions.
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake is a perfect Christmas treat! It is an extremely easy, super delicious, and no-bake version of a chocolate cake.
- 300 gram digestive biscuits
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7-8 chopped almonds
- 7-8 chopped cashews
- 150 gram dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
- gems (for decoration) (optional)
Break the digestive biscuits into small pieces with your hands. Do not crush them in a blender. We need chunks of biscuits to give crunchiness to the base.
Set up a double boiler on the gas. In that, melt 1 cup cream, ½ cup sugar, and 1 tbsp butter. Whisk them till the butter melts and the mixture comes together.
Then, add ½ cup cocoa powder and keep whisking the mixture till it turns smooth. No lumps should be present.
Remove the mixture from the gas and add the crushed biscuits in the mixture.
Then, add 1 tsp vanilla extract, chopped almonds, and chopped cashews. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. The biscuit pieces should be completely coated with the cocoa mixture.
Transfer this mixture into an 18-cm springform cake pan. With the help of a spatula or a spoon, press the mixture into the pan. The base should be tight and even from all sides.
Keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow it to harden and set.
Using the double boiler method, melt 150 gram of dark chocolate.
Then, add ½ cup cream and whisk them till you get a smooth and silky mixture.
Remove the cake pan from the refrigerator.
Pour the prepared chocolate ganache on the top and tap it slightly to level it out. Ensure that the ganache is spread all over the surface.
Then, keep it in the refrigerator for around 3 hours or more until the ganache hardens and sets completely.
Then, carefully remove the cake from the springform pan. You can decorate it with Gems or other ingredients of your choice, such as cherries or cream frosting.
1) Although you can use chocolate cookies or chocolate-based biscuits for the base, it can lead to excess chocolate flavour and make the cake more sweet. Digestive biscuits can even out the sweetness and chocolate flavour. 2) Instead of the chocolate ganache, you can also cream or cream cheese frosting.
Step by step photos with instructions:
To easily understand the recipe, I have divided it into 3 parts:
Preparing the base:
1) Break the digestive biscuits into small pieces with your hands (do not use a blender). Set up a double boiler. Melt cream, sugar, and butter. Whisk them together till the butter melts.
2) Then, add cocoa powder. Mix well until you get a smooth and silky mixture. No lumps should be present in the mixture.
3) Remove this mixture from the gas. Add the crushed biscuits into the cocoa mixture. Then, add vanilla extract and chopped almonds and cashews. Mix them together really well.
In an 18-cm springform cake pan, transfer this mixture. With the help of a spatula or a spoon, level this mixture in the pan. Ensure that the mixture is set tightly. Keep this pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the mixture to harden.
Preparing the chocolate ganache:
1) In the double boiler method, melt chopped dark chocolate.
2) Then, add cream and whisk the mixture till it turns smooth and silky. Remove it from the gas.
Preparing the cake:
1) Remove the cake pan from the refrigerator. Pour the chocolate ganache on the cake base. Slightly tap the pan to allow the mixture to evenly spread over the surface. Then, keep the cake pan in the refrigerator for approximately 3 hours or till the chocolate ganache hardens.
2) You can serve the cake as it is or decorate with any ingredient of your choice, such as Gems, cherries, or cream frosting.
Make this no-bake chocolate biscuit cake for your family for Christmas! I promise you’ll surely see happy smiling faces. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family 🙂
Do let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe. Share and like this recipe on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.